Proper shoe care and maintenance of your shoes will help to ensure their longevity in wear. If you follow the guidelines below and treat your shoes in the correct manner, there is no reason why your shoes will not last for many years.
- First, always use a shoe horn, it prevents damage to the heels, counter and top line.
- Use shoe trees as soon as you have removed you shoes. They help to absorb moisture and maintain the shape of the shoes as they dry out.
- Brush your shoes to remove dirt and dust after every use, even if doesn’t seem necessary.
- Nourish, Restore and Polish. We provide different shoe care kits, each one targetted to specific materials (Calf, Suede, Cordovan, Patina, etc). Applying the products will ensure that the leather will last for many years to come.
Also, these recommendations may also help:
- If you are not going to wear your shoes in a while, apply shoe care instructions, and store them upright inside a cloth bag.
- If your shoes have become wet, let them air dry for a few days before wearing them. Do not place them beside a heater.
- Do not wear the same shoes on two successive days. The leather needs time to dry and recover after each wearing.
You can order these items by through our accessories collection.